Emily
No post yesterday, nothing exciting happened except laundry and dishwashing.  Woot.  See?  Now aren't you glad I didn't post about that?

Today, however, was T's day off.  He called around lunch and asked if I'd like anything special for dinner.  I requested a beef roast with potatoes and carrots, he happily acquiesced.  I came home to a house smelling of roasting goodness! 

After dinner we ate part of T's Christmas present, which was a bar of bacon chocolate.
  Yes, bacon chocolate.  Think I'm lying?  I'm not. It was really weird, actually.  Not very bacony, just like salty chocolate.  We didn't know if it was going to be chopped bacon in a chocolate bar, or a piece of bacon dipped in chocolate, but we were ready to be surprised.  The chocolate was really good though!  Check out the link above if you're curious...

Here's a fun game for those dreary winter nights--explore your kitchen cupboards!  See what you might find!  I got the creative bug again.  We've had my dad's old cappuccino machine lying around for a few years and I've only used it once.  I bought T a pack of coffee syrups for Christmas and so I though tit would be fun to break them out and enjoy some hot java deliciousness.  We didn't have any espresso, so we just put some normal coffee in the coffee grinder to get a finer texture.

I swear, we have waaaay too many kitchen appliances.  We put Martha Stewart's cupboards to shame!  We even dug out our digital thermometer to test the temperature of the milk.  130F was just right, not too hot so we could drink it right away.  Add some steamed milk, some espresso, a splash of vanilla syrup, and wa-bam, you've got yourself a frothy delight.


Yes, I love my husband.  :D  We got a pair of these mugs for our wedding.  Mmmm, coffee on the couch with my hubby!


Try and ignore the bleached out-edness of my January skin.  Ewwww.   I'm so jealous of T going to Mexico for his missions trip next week...grrr.  Oh well!  At least he won't be sitting on the beach without me!

1 Response
  1. Mikalah Says:

    Looks yummy! I think I need a latte day today...

    It's ok, I am bleached out too. And I'm usually that way all year round!


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...