Emily
Hello friends!  Today has been the most mundane of days.  T and I had no plans except to go to a party tonight, so we had the whole day to do something fun.  What did we do?  We lazed around until noon!  I haven't eaten lunch in my pajamas in like, 5 years!  Then I had the crazy idea to go visit the kitties at the Humane Society.


Awww!  Look at my hubby and the cute kitties!  (No idea why he's smirking at me, maybe it's because I insisted on dragging the camera with us??)  This is Cinco De Mayo on his lap, and above him is some big hissy cat that wasn't too friendly, I don't remember her name.  She kept smacking T in the back of the head with her tail, it was kind of amusing.  Anyway, we kind of fell in love with Cinco.


She is all black except for the little white triangle under her chin, which gives her a little bit of character.  And those eyes...doesn't she just look like a sassy girl?!  She's so petite too, the guy said she's full-grown.

Anyway, we had a long chat about if we should talk to our landlord about letting us get a pet or not, because our contract doesn't allow it, but on the other hand, she's already litter box trained and he told us he'd probably replace the carpets after we move out anyway.  (Our current carpet is all bubbly where it meets the linoleum and there's a huuuuuuuge wax stain from a previous tenant.)  It might just be worth a shot!

T fiddled with his truck all afternoon and then we decided that it would be good of us to bring munchies to the party tonight, and this is what we came up with:




White chocolate oreos.  Yum!!!!  Normally I'd make these for the holidays and put festive sprinkles on top instead of chocolate, but these look far more elegant for a January party. So what are they?  Double-stuff oreos dipped in white almond bark and drizzled with chocolate almond bark.  I like to do the dipping and T is an expert drizzler....we're a good team!

I heart being social!  We went to this party tonight and were definitely the youngest ones there (by about 15 years, if not more) but still had a great time!!!  Everybody brought hors d'oeuvres and we had a lovely time.  Our host introduced T to Bela Flek and the Flektones, Diana Krall, and showed him a really awesome DVD concert of Chris Boti.  I think T made a new friend tonight.  Then they talked about guns and WWII while I sat and marveled at the shoes Diana Krall was wearing in her DVD.  Anybody know what they are?  I think I need a pair.  They're diva shoes.  Definitely.

We're kind of disappointed, the big storm that we were supposed to get has so far been nothing more than rain!  The street next to ours has turned into a lake of sorts, because I think the storm drain is plugged with ice or something.  It's really weird to drive by and see a lake where a street used to be...  Maybe the weather will change and be crazy bad tomorrow or something.

So, I'm curious.  Who all is reading this out there in blog land?  Leave a comment!  Say hi!


2 Responses
  1. Natalie Says:

    Yes, you get her and call her "Cincy" (Sinky) for short, then you get another one and call her Tubby. You'll have a collection of bathroom cats in no time.


  2. Mikalah Says:

    Oh fun! I love those glasses, they are so perfect! I also LOVE the tiered tray. It's fun to see it and think of you two! =)

    I wish we could get a cat, but I'm horribly allergic. Also, those cookies look amazing. yum!


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...