Emily
I just have to share this with you, this is my younger choir singing the national anthem at a basketball game last week.




Man, I love these girls and I love my job!

Yesterday my Chamber Choir sang for the Legislative Memorial Service at the Capitol.  I got so many comments on how beautiful they sounded!  They were a big nervous too; there were a ton of people in there and the room is a little intimidating in the first place.  I also met up with some old friends who are legislators and caught up for a little while.  The worst part was definitely me accompanying them on piano.  You know, I can sing in front of hundreds of people and be just fine, but sit me down at a piano and tell me to play in front of 50 people and I get all sweaty and freak myself out.  At least I made it through the piece all right.  Didn't screw it up too terribly bad.

Well, my plans have drastically changed for the weekend.  I was planning on going to Sioux Falls for a big music teacher conference and spend some time with my parents.  That was, of course, until the South Dakota weather turned vicious again and I decided to be safe and stay home.  It's okay though, because they ended up postponing the conference anyway.  That just means a free weekend with my hubby!

Tonight T and I went out to our fav Mexican restaurant with some old family friends.  He is a legislator and got stuck here for the weekend too, due to the weather.  How lovely to have plans when we didn't have any 12 hours ago!  Funnily enough, we also have plans tomorrow night.  Apparently a ton of people were planning on leaving Pierre this weekend but everybody got stuck here, so we're having a "crappy weather" party and all hanging out.  I'm excited!  It's just too bad that I finished all of my fun projects last weekend.  Any suggestions for fun project for a snowed in, iced in girl???

T still hasn't heard about med school.  We've been expecting to hear word for going on 2 weeks now, and I still get butterflies every time I even think about the mailbox!!  It's pathetic.  I'm gonna have an ulcer before this is all over.

Happy weekend everybody!






1 Response
  1. Mikalah Says:

    Your choir sounds great! Hope you have a nice weekend at home, and that you hear something soon! Ulcers are no fun (thankfully, I don't speak from experience!).


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...