Emily
Hi Everyone!

Quite frankly, I have no idea if anyone is ever going to read this, but that's fine. This is my space. I post what I want, when I want, and you can read if you want.

We had a fairly quiet New Year's Eve, but it was fun nonetheless. T and I went out to our favorite old west saloon-style steak house and had delicious steaks with friends. What better way to ring in the new year than with a hunk of fatty meat and a pile of oh-so-delicious mushrooms?! We bought some champagne and had drank the whole bottle before we hit 11pm...haha. No worries, it was split 4 ways. ;) We watched our friends try their hand at our new Wii. It's my opinion that every first-time Wii player needs to try boxing. T and I got quite a kick out of watching our friends attempt to knock each other out. Everyone swinging their remotes wildly made me suddenly very fearful for our poor little TV screen... especially since T keeps telling me about youtube videos of flying remotes and demolished TVs. Eek. Maybe we need a bigger living room!

I'm starting to prepare to go back to school on Monday, ugh. Prepping new music, listening to hours of recordings on youtube, you know, typical choir director stuff. Here's a Brahms piece we're starting on Monday:



At first I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, because the accompaniment is so not Brahms, but after I listened to it 20 times, I kinda like it! Hope the kids recognize the musical genius beneath the quirkiness. I heart Brahms.

Currently watching "Sarah's House" on HGTV. I love New Year's Day and the new premieres it brings! I hate the football, the football, and the football.

Well everybody, Happy 2010!!!

E
Labels: , , | edit post
1 Response
  1. Natalie Says:

    you completely forgot to mention your incredible time at home with the handicapped sister, toothy!


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...