Emily
Well, my night is shot.  I had grand plans of cleaning my apartment, and it all centered around getting out my red sparkly vacuum and getting rid of the white flecks of fuzz on my black rug.  That is, until my vacuum started smoking while it was desperately trying (and failing) to remove all white fuzz.  Grrr.  T has vowed to fix my red sparkly vacuum tomorrow before he goes to Mexico for a week and I'm stuck with a fuzzy black rug for another week.  I apologize for the lack of pictures of the smoking vacuum, it just hasn't been my day.

Why have I not written since last week, you ask?  Well, dear friends, I have been out with some sort of freakish flu virus.  Why freakish, you ask?  Because the entire time I was waffling between shivering and sweating my body temp hung around a chilly 97F.  T told me that some people's body temp is normally lower than the normal 98.6F, but I don't ever seem to remember mine being that much lower than the "norm."  I'd say maybe my fancy high-tech digital thermometer had suffered a similar fate as my red sparkly vacuum, except that it isn't a fancy high-tech digital thermometer.  It's an old-fashioned one and I watched T take it from it's plastic package.  It's brand spankin' new.  Oh well, I'm feeling much better now.  No more sweating, rolling chills, achy skin, yadda yadda yadda.

Now for the real reason you're reading this post.  Yes, today is the day that T's med school letter almost came.  I rushed home as usual, opened the mailbox to find nothing but a letter from the NRA and a catalogue.  Boo.  I texted T and told him, then he told me to check his e-mail.  There it was.  The glimmering e-mail of hope or despair, I couldn't stand the wait.  Well, the committee reviewed his app on Jan. 30....yadda yadda...his app has been pended until their next meeting, Feb. 27.  We'll find out the first week of March.  YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!  Haven't we been put through enough agony?!  Hadn't I calculated the day the letter should come down to the day based upon December's committee meeting date?  Allowed for secretaries' dictation?  Mail delays?  Inter-office post?  Ack.  Well, at least now we know when to be expecting the letter.  The only thing that stinks is that FAFSA stuff is due mid-February.  Now we won't even know if he's in by that time.  Grrrrr.  Not happy.  Especially not happy because they sent an e-mail instead of a nice letter, you know, the kind with a stamp.  Double grrrr.

You pile all that up with all the crappy stuff that happened at school today (don't even get me started...) and it was a pretty crappy day.  Triple Grrrr.

I want my red sparkly vacuum back.
2 Responses
  1. Mikalah Says:

    Oh, dear. Sounds like you have had a doozy of a week. I'm sorry to hear about the vacuum, and T's letter! I know how it is to have your patience tested, and I am not a patient person!

    I hope your vacuum miraculously comes back to life. I wish you lived closer so we could go out for coffee!


  2. Natalie Says:

    I love you... :) And your espresso temperature in the last post is a little too chilly for me... I like 140! bahaha can't wait to see you THIS weekend!!!!


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...