Emily
I came home from work early today because I kind of felt like throwing up.  There's been a weird stomach thing going on all day with me, and I could barely get through Concert Choir, so I came home to lie down for awhile.  After about 4 hours on the couch, I felt better so I got up and made a cake!

Since T is on his mission trip in Juarez, Mexico, I decided to have some pals over for German chocolate cake.  I've never made a double layer cake before, but I think it turned out pretty good!  Yummmm.  Here you can see it on my gorgeous Tiffany cake plate that we got for our wedding.  It's the first time I've used it, but definitely not the last!  Love it!
 
We had a great time chatting, drinking tea and eating CAKE.  Oh my goodness, I almost want anothe rpiece just looking at this picture.  I think the only thing I'd do differently is to buy another can of frosting.  And, I'd put my frosting knife in a place where I can find it BEFORE I'm finished frosting.  Yup.  Hate it when that happens.

When I invited my pal Kit to invite the men in her life (her fiance and brother) I told her she could also bring her cat Owen.  You know how bad I want a cat, and I just LOVE this one.  I'd adopt him if he didn't already have a home.  He is 14 lbs.  Yes, 14.  He's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig cat:


 
Awww!  He's awful cute and he had a ball exploring my apartment like a bloodhound with his nose to the ground.  It was so cute!  After awhile he settled down and we had a lovely time playing.
What a wonderful way to spend a night without a hubby.  It looks as though I won't be making my trip to Minneapolis this weekend because we had some nasty freezing rain and snow tonight.  Yuck and Boo.
Labels: , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...