Emily
I revamped the blog!  Hooray!  I am not a tech savvy person, and I have no clue when it comes to html.  This is when I say thank you Jesus for google.  This morning I showed T the new "Projects" tab and he looks at me and says, "I feel like we've done a lot more projects than that."  Translated:  "I know you've forced me to help you with way more projects than that."  I thought about it and realized, (other than the severe lack of blogging in the last oh...6 months) we have done a lot more projects than that.  Mostly, we've redone chairs.  So, let me share with you.

You've already seen a chair story.  This was our first foray into upholstery.  Here's a pic of the chair in it's new home:


Now this next one isn't actually a chair, but it sits next to the chair and the same upholstery rules apply, so I figured I'd include it.  This is our reading nook in our office.  The ottoman was $10 at an estate sale and we recovered it in some snazzy red fabric.



(I had intended on the red matching the chair a little better, but oh well....haha!)

This pair of chairs lives in our dining room.  They're our extra dining chairs when we have more than 4 people at the table.  They're pretty retro and we got them at a thrift store for $5 each.  We decided not to re-paint them even though they're a little chipped and nicked up because we have a lot of wood in the dining room.



Now to the breakfast nook.  These chairs were my very first purchase on craigslist.


Here's our gossip bench that we recovered after we rescued it from a flea market.  It's houndstooth fabric.


This one I did just for fun and sold it at our garage sale.  I got it for free from another garage sale, painted it black, and T and I recovered the cushion in composer fabric:




And last but not least, my little desk chair from my music room.  This one had a caned seat that was completely ripped out, so T and I made a seat from scratch.


I cannot tell you enough how utterly easy it is to recover chairs, people!  All you do is rip the old staples out on the bottom and then stretch and re-staple your new fabric where the old one is.  We've replace a few pieces of foam, but that's relatively easy too.  We cut it with a bread knife to fit the seat.  ;)  Cause we're sophisticated like that.

Stay tuned for when I attempt to recover a real chair instead of just a seat cushion.
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...