Emily
Our chair is done!  We finally finished it tonight, after it had been sitting in our garage "drying" for a week.  (I use the term "drying" loosely because really it was just taking up space in our garage, forcing me to park outside and scrape my windshield all week.  I'm sure it probably only took like 4 hours to actually dry.)

Here's the before pic:
Notice the bizarro pant rack or whatever it is hanging off the back?  Well, we completely took that off, removed the ugly brown vinyl, T sanded down the base, we painted it, recovered the cushion...and this is what we came up with:



We absolutely love how it turned out.  We don't have any white furniture, but this contrasts nicely to our dark wood furniture in the bedroom.

It makes me laugh because we got the idea from Michela's chair project and ended up finding a fabric that nearly matched hers but in colors that worked in our room.


I actually have a necklace rack in the shape of coral sitting on the dresser just next to the chair.  I don't think you can see it in the picture, though.

Here's the best part:


There's a secret compartment!  We ran out of fabric to cover the inside of the lid too, but I think I might run back and get some more to completely finish it off.  Best part?  This was a cheap project!  The fabric was less than $4 and the chair was $1.  We did have to purchase a new staple gun, staples, and spray paint, but those will all come in handy on future projects.  A new chair for less than what, $20?  Not bad!

Doing all those corners on the inside were the worst, but I think it turned out ok for our first go at recovering a chair!



Nori enjoyed the show too.  It's funny, T can't get the camera to focus on her face because it's all the same color.  Haha.  We've been absolutely loving our time with our new addition.  Nori and I spent all afternoon watching HGTV together and dreaming of our future house together.  Love how her eyes match our comforter, don't you?!  What a doll.

1 Response
  1. Mikalah Says:

    oh my goodness! I LOVE that chair! It turned out so well, and how cool is that secret compartment! I love that fabric- I can't believe you found such a similar one in green. Isn't furniture rehab addicting? =)


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...