Emily
Oh how I love antique stores.  I mean, I really, really love them.  Today my sister, sis-in-law and I spent the entire day antiquing in Stillwater, Minnesota.  They're known for their awesome (and usually over-priced) antique stores.

We also found some lovely boutiques and I found this treasure:


Jonathan Adler on Happy Chic Colors.  You can get it for me for my birthday.  I have loved this dining room on the cover for about a year.  Yellow chairs on a black and white chevron rug?  Yes, please!

We visited store after store with rooms that looked like this:


It makes my heart skip a beat.  It also reminds me of the Room of Requirement.  Honest to goodness, that was my first thought when I walked up the stairs and saw this room.  So many treasures to find!  It's rooms like this that make me get excited digging through piles of old crap.  You never know what you're going to find!

You might, for example, find a blue ceramic elephant for $6.


I love it!  I'm still a little surprised that after all we looked at, I only found 1 adorable little elephant.  I guess it just goes to show you that the real thrill is in the hunt.
2 Responses
  1. Courtney Says:

    So good to hear from you Emily! I've been enjoying reading your blog too. You're so productive I love it... where you guys living now?


  2. Emily Says:

    hey Court! We're in Sioux Falls now. And you?


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...