Emily
The other day my mom and I found a fun new store in downtown Sioux Falls called Random Harvest.  They have all sorts of vintage, antique, crafty things and we fell in love with it!  I picked up a copy of Emily Posts' book Etiquette, a super-secret birthday present for my sister, and a new sign for our kitchen:




(Ironic, no?)  Anyway, we also got inspired for a new project.

My mom is a music teacher, just like me.  But instead of teaching at a school, she teaches at home.  This means she has 50+ children come through her home every single week.  She always makes it a point to have a cute little vignette on her entry table that usually pertains to the season or upcoming holiday.  Her students love seeing the display changes though the year.

My mom also has a love for the old hymns of the church.  She actually has quite a collection of old hymnals.  Instead of letting the hymnals sit on a shelf unused, we decided to get all crafty and make a little display out of them.  Actually, the idea was all hers, I just helped in the execution.  ;)


Sorry the pics are so fuzzy, it's from the cell phone camera because my battery died in my camera.  Lazy.  Yess.  Here's a fun tip of the day:  did you know that Menards has a super secret stock of scrap wood that they will sell you for less than a buck a piece?  All this wood came from 2 pieces of scrap wood.  Then we batted our eyelashes and smiled at the nice Menards man and he even cut the wood for us! FOR FREE!  We jumped for joy.

We went to town with black spray paint, mod podge, and this fabric flower tutorial.  These were so easy to make!  I'm just sad you can't see them very well.  That's 44 cents of Hobby Lobby tan and black gingham fabric and black buttons that we had.


What do you think?  Kinda fun, huh?
Labels: , , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...