Emily
Hi everybody!  I'm back!  Well, at least, I'm going to try this whole blog thing again.

So you saw our new house, and now I'm pleased to say that we're all moved in and I have been working on projects gallore!  But today, I wanted to show you my favorite room of the house, the living room.

Remember this post from a few months ago with my inspiration room?  I absolutely fell in love with this room, and T did too.  I so badly wanted to include the honeysuckle pink chairs, but T said no.  I suppose it would have been a bit too girly for him.



Here's the before that we had to work with.  This picture was taken while we were touring the house for the first time.  (That's the realtor on the left.)  I thought it just seemed dark in there.  And, perhaps a few too many clocks, no?  Maybe they were world travelers that needed a clock for 4 different time zones.  Who knows?


Last time I posted I was trying to talk my mom into the idea of a turquoise room.  Here's what we ended up with:


Ted spent about a half hour trying to convince me that the turquoise would be ok.  I was convinced it was going to be neon and would burn our retinas every time the sun came out.  Not true.  I actually love the brightness!  Notice the fireplace?  It's fake.  Who puts in a faux fireplace in a 1932 house?  Oh well, at least it hold candles quite nicely.  Also, I give you permission to drool over our crown molding.


You'll notice that we ripped up the carpet and had the wood floors refinished.  You can barely see it, but we have a zebra rug!  It's not in the inspiration room, but I couldn't resist.  See the photo hanging on the wall on the right?  It's a T original.  We found the frame at a garage sale for $5 and painted it black.


This is by far my favorite room in our new house.  Want to see more "before" pics?  Click here.  More project updates to come!

Tell me what you think!  Is the turquoise too bright?
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...