Emily
I had a funny realization this afternoon:  the subtitle on my blog is "A modern girl's guide to living fabulously." Yet, the last few posts have had absolutely nothing modern in them.  I guess I should update the subtitle to include my love for all things mod vintage!

Anyway, I wanted to share with you a new little collection I've started.



It's my vintage pyrex collection!  It all started one night at Savers when T and I discovered a lonely little turquoise divided casserole dish (on the left in the picture.)  I had to have it, so I took it home and started doing a bit of research.  As it turns out, the clear lid with swirls on it is not the original, but what did I know?  It was just a fun piece.   Little did I know that it was only the preamble of my pyrex love!



I came to find out that the pattern is called Horizon Blue and it was produced in the early 1970's.  We just love the color!  The next dish that we found was the covered casserole dish on the right.  We found it an an antique store, which is where we later found the two big mixing bowls a few weeks later.  (Actually, the story is pretty awesome.  I found them in a booth marked "KEEP OUT" under a pile of newspaper but they had a price tag on them, so the cashier sold them to me!)


The last little guy in the middle we found at the flea market a few weeks ago.  I hadn't seen this style in person before, so we weren't even sure if it was our pattern.  I consulted the pyrex authority, Pyrex Love and sure enough, it was!  (This little guy is my favorite.)  I love how the pattern is sort of art deco, which makes it look older than it really is.  And yet, I think it's actually kind of a contemporary design!

So, now you know what to get me for St. Patty's Day:  a cupboard full of pyrex, please!  Anybody else collect vintage pyrex??
2 Responses
  1. david Says:

    Aah! Saint Patrick's Day can be acceptably (and is very frequently) abbreviated as "(Saint) Paddy's Day", but never "St Patty's Day"!

    I know this probably has something to do with the way the letter t gets a glottal stop (?) in American English and you probably pronounce it more or less the same way, but written down, "St Patty's Day" just looks really really weird! :)

    So... have a great Paddy's Day this year!!


  2. david Says:

    haha... apparently I'm not alone on this issue: http://paddynotpatty.com/


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...