Emily
My hubby and I like what some people would call "fancy" food.  The problem is, a lot of what I'd call fancy food involves shrimp, scallops, or some other unsavory sort of sea creature.  I grew up in a state that is completely landlocked.  I could not live anywhere else in the country and be further from the sea than I am now.  Neither one of us grew up eating fish or seafood.  Yes, I've tried it time and time again over the years.   (I even lived in Japan for a year and was forced to eat it on many occasions.)  I want to like it, I just don't.  I sort of disappoint myself.


Ewwwwww!  Who can eat that thing?!  

Tangent:  One time in high school my friends and I dared each other to eat shrimp cocktail at a party.  We all just about threw up.  I couldn't even chew it.  

(For the record, I do eat tuna from the can/pouch thing.  That's it, though.)

Anyway, one of the fancy foods that I've always wanted to try is paella.  I think the concept sounds fabulous, and it always looks really tasty.  However, there are usually large chunks of sea-dwelling creatures floating in it.  No thanks.  That is, until T, Betty Crocker and I discovered Betty's recipe for chicken paella!


(We've already devoured half of it, as you can see!)  It involves lots of paprika, rice, peas, raisins, chicken, and chorizo!  Num num!  We didn't know we liked chorizo until we tried this recipe.


T picked up a loaf of tasty french bread too.  Yum.  I'm so glad that my hubby can cook!  And, it's safe to say, you can make delish paella without seafood!

Am I the only one who wishes that they could force themselves into liking seafood?
Labels: , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...