Emily

Dear friends, we are moving.  Yes, we are leaving our lovely apartment and my awesome job for bigger and better things.  This, is where we're going to live.  My parents have wanted to invest in a home to flip for some time.  Well, this is the gem that we found, except they aren't going to sell it, we get to LIVE here!  



There are supposedly hardwood floors under the carpet....we're crossing our fingers!!!



Step up into the dining room.  (Hi, mom!)



Yes, that really is yellow houndstooth linoleum.  We're gutting the kitchen.

There are 3 legal bedrooms, 1 bath, and something that T is calling his "gun room."  (It's a hole in the wall really, which will house his guns.)

Today I told my students that I was leaving.  Boy oh boy, there were tears.  Lots and lots of tears.  Somehow, I managed to hold it all together, but I think that if I would have lost it they ALL would have lost it.  It was really hard.  I had so many nice comments from kids afterwards and lots and LOTS of hugs.  They all even gathered around me for a ginormous group hug.  How sweet, eh?  I love it.  I love them.  After lunch I came back to my room with stuff like this written on the board:

"The Danger Zone is under construction"
"We were but lead and  you turned us into gold"
"We Love You"

and a poem that is just entirely too long to post here.  Man, we sure are praying that this is the right decision.  I'm gonna miss them like mad.
Labels: , , , | edit post
1 Response
  1. Mikalah Says:

    Wow- that is big news! Did you find a new job too? Cute house!


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...