Emily
Today I decided that it would be nice to post about things that I love.
I love my job.  Yesterday we hosted our region's Large Group Music Contest.  We had about 12 different schools come to perform for a panel of judges, receive comments, and a rating.  All 3 of my choirs performed and they all received a "I" rating!  (That's the highest, with a V being the lowest.  I was soooooo proud of them!  We were aiming for a I+, but very few ensembles even received I's, let alone putting a + after it.  Phew.  I'm glad that's over, though.  There was a lot of stress leading up to the big event!  I'll post videos as soon as they're done uploading to YouTube.  Our internet is apparently really slow.

I love my kitty.















Nori and I spent all morning together, just chillin' on the couch.  This afternoon I opened up the patio door to let her experience the wonders of outdoor smells.  She's a bit of a fraidy cat, so she sat under the table for awhile first, but then her curiosity trumped her fear, I guess, because she's been sitting at the door for quite some time now.















Oh, Nori!  My mom bought her a fuschia cat bed for Easter that she has yet to use, but we're trying to convince her to use it.

I love my house.  This afternoon I baked banana bread, did laundry, washed my rugs, did dishes, and tidied up our little nest.  I just love living here.  It's tiny, yes, and it's not ours, I know, but I still love it.  Maybe because it's the first place T and I have had together.  Maybe it's the open kitchen.  Maybe it's the deck with the spring breeze wafting in, or maybe it's the overwhelming scent of fresh banana bread right now.  I don't know.  All I know is that this place feels like home.  Sigh. 


















EDIT:  Here are those videos I promised.  The weird clicky sound is my auto-focus.  Apparently it's really loud.






I'm so proud of them!!!!!
Labels: , , , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...